Efficient, affordable home cooling
You can count on years of dependable energy efficiency when you choose an Airtemp home comfort system air conditioner. Designed with reliable performance in mind, Airtemp split system outdoor units are engineered with a full feature set in an attractive, low profile design that complements every home.
Quality, reliability and value…that's Airtemp.
All Airtemp® air conditioners have the following features:
- Quiet operation: Engineered air discharge and high-efficiency fan motor for lower sound level system performance. For long lasting durability, the heavy duty fan motor is completely protected from rain and snow and requires no maintenance.
- High-performance compressor: Reliable, energy-efficient scroll compressor technology for quieter operation.
- Micro-Channel coil: All-aluminum Micro-Channel coil for greater corrosion resistance, maximum air flow and efficient heat transfer (most models).
- Built strong: Designed using galvanized steel with a polyester urethane coat finish. A 950 hour salt spray test shows the finish resists corrosion 50% better than comparable units.
- Solid protection: Complete metal wrapper protects the internal components from yard hazards and extreme weather. Attractive, classic dark gray styling with contrasting wire discharge grille for premium product appearance.
- Environmentally friendly: Uses EPA approved environmentally sound R-410A refrigerant.
Standard efficiency VS4BD model:
- Meets Department of Energy 13 SEER efficiency standards
- Efficiency performance can improve up to 14 SEER with a matched energy-efficient air handler or furnace with coil.
High efficiency VS4BE model:
- 14 SEER energy efficiency is up to 8 percent more efficient than a standard model.
- Meets ENERGY STAR requirements in certain matches.
- Performance can increase up to 15 SEER or more when installed with a matched energy efficient indoor air handler or furnace with coil.
Highest efficiency VS6BF model:
- 16 SEER energy efficiency offers exceptional performance, saving more energy, lowering utility bills.
- When combined with certain Airtemp engineered coils or air handlers, these models meet ENERGY STAR requirements.
- Environmentally smart quiet comfort.
Replacement Component R-22 VS5BD model:
- 13 SEER
- 5-year all parts limited warranty
- Replacement pledge does not apply to this model.
Matching systems: For a complete split system of maximum design efficiency, the outdoor unit is matched with a corresponding indoor section that is either an air handler or a furnace with coil.
SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio and is a measurement of the cooling efficiency of your air conditioner.
Technical Specifications can be found in the Literature Library. See link at bottom of the page.
Specifications and ratings subject to change. Ask your contractor about current efficiencies and models available before purchase.